Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Egypt

Today I visited Egypt. Egypt is located on the northeastern corner of the continent of Africa. Egypt also occupies the Sinai Peninsula. The capital of Egypt is Cairo. 99%of the Egyptian population only lives on 3.5% of the land in Egypt. Most of the population live in the Nile River valley and its delta. Egypt is bordered by Sudan and Libya. It is also bordered by the Mediterranean and Red Seas. One physical feature that is my personal favorite is the pyramids and sphinx of Giza. The pyramids and sphinx of Giza are the coolest things I have ever seen(left) The pyramids were tombs for kings and queens. They were built in the 4th dynasty, and to have a pyramid tomb was an honor. Over 93 pyramids are in Egypt, but those in Giza are the most famous. The real mystery to me about them is how did the ancient Egyptians manage to create such masterpieces. When your in Egypt every time you turn around to find something new and exciting that is just waiting for you to discover it. In the future I hope to come back to Egypt with my family and friends. This has been yet another wonderful experience in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment